The indicative test on ICG’s FBL-100 intumescent coating in January 2019 in New Zealand.
Throughout 2019 our FBL-100 intumescent coating was subject to rigourous testing at the Tech Coatings facilities in New Zealand.
Featuring two steel bannister brackets, dado rail, and 1.5mm commercial grade linoleum.
- After 20 mins @ approx. 750˚C / 1380˚F:
- dado rail began to drop away,
- good char around bannister brackets,
- linoleum fallen away.
- After 31 mins @ approx. 850˚C / 1560˚F:
- cracking visible in the char,
- small area of plasterboard exposed,
- dado rail semi-intact.
- After 40 mins @ approx. 900˚C / 1650˚F:
- good char around brackets,
- more cracks and fissures visible,
- some flaming,
- insulation intact.
- After 50 mins @ approx. 950˚C / 1740˚F:
- flames appear through cracks.